Steer clear of Insulation4Less & Prodex

Issue not resolved
Feb 10, 2011
review #220955

We ordered Prodex from Insulation4Less.It was delivered damaged and just dumped by Fed Ex in our driveway - so we didn't have the opportunity to inspect & then refuse the damaged rolls.

Called Jonathan Barber - the president and salesperson of Insulation4Less and he was a complete ***. Rude, condescending and a liar. Stated that our email invoice had tracking info or a "click here" to find out when it was going to be delivered - it did NOT. The email didn't even say it was Fed Ex who was the carrier.

The rolls were just dumped in our driveway - blocking access to our house and garage. Then Barber said that "they include extra in each roll to cover any damage in shipping." Total BS. We had to get our credit card issuer to do a chargeback and then fight through the Denver BBB to get that chargeback to stick. The product may be OK but the hassle of dealing with a company with ZERO customer service is not worth the hassle.

STEER CLEAR OF INSULATION4LESS![Less]

b03a4fe
Had an experience with Insulation4Less?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Joe

Sep 22

Thank you for speaking up, I was just getting ready to place an order with them .

Sep 09

Customer service is terrible. They are the only game in town and they know it. We received shipments with missing rolls, damaged rolls at times and they could care less. What a joke!
Wish I could find another company to provide Prodex Insulation.

0 3 Reply
Customer-Service-I4L

Aug 26

It's impossible to avoid a few of these postings if you have a great deal of success. With over 100,000 of individual annual purchases in a year it's a wonder we have so few of these comments. Any prospect can email for the Prodex Warranty - one of the strongest in the industry, so we will not spend any further time dignifying these comments. Our "A+" BBB rating testifies to the quality of the insulation and service we provide. A Better Business Bureau report takes into account the number of customers you have in its rating. You can find real-time customer reviews (people that have actually purchased - people with names) at: http://www.insulation4less.com/ProductRating.aspx?ID=1&Ratenumber=5 Sites such as this allow anonymous competitors any non-customers to hide while posting negative comments.

PissedCustomer

Aug 13

STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS SCAMMER. Mr Barber and his company is the single worst experience I have ever had dealing with a company. I'm not even going to get into his horrible pricing schemes and advertising. All you need to do is call and talk to Mr Barber and he will easily prove what an *sshole he is on the phone.
He refuses to stand behind his product or take care of anything that goes wrong. I ordered over 15,000 sq/ft of Prodex insulation, and shortly after being installed, the foil and foam layers are separating which is causing the insulation to fall down. Absolutely garbage and Mr Barber refuses to offer any sort of help or assistance.

Engineer

Sep 03, 2013

I did a lot of research on the net: I am a retired electro-mechanical engineer. I know what I wanted to do, but did not know exactly how to achieve it; until I contacted Insulation4less. The sales person on the phone was really nice, and very knowledgeable about my re-roof project. I am not a roofer; this was a project with a few friends; and a weekend. The old, (I know before 1900) house's tin roofing was removed revealing open purlins. The "double bubble" (He actually purchased Prodex insulation was tacked loosely draped just prior to installing each sheet of new tin. It was inexpensive (per r-value), easy, and fast to install. It really smoothed out the old warped wood, giving it a very nice appearance. After being installed in August of 04, in east Ohio, I noticed an immediate drop of several degrees upstairs. This winter it is really warmer without the gas bill going up at all, compared to last year. The old attic already had about 19-12 inches of cellulose, which I had blown in about 1980, so I really had time to experience the difference between old and new. I really believe this product has paid for itself already....

4 1 Reply
Thomcraftsman

Aug 07, 2013 New York City, New York

Insulation4Less Excellent Company to work with - Prodex is a Super Product. Insulation4Less.com does a Great Job and Prodex is a Super Product! I enjoyed working with your company. You gave me excellent advice. I received my order fast. We're glad we went with Prodex - It works even better than I thought it would. I can really tell the difference. Plenty of my friends have also ordered from you. Thanks again.

4 0 Reply
Larry

Aug 07, 2013 Houston, Texas

I just purchased a 3500 square feet of Prodex Insulation from Insulation4Less. I ordered it for my attic and small barn to reduce the heat and add R-value. I have purchased from Insulation 4 Less many times. Everything is always great! My last purchase was for my basement. I have to say it worked way better than I expected so I thought I would try it elsewhere.

4 0 Reply
joesupset

Jul 30, 2013

STEER WAY CLEAR OF INSULATION4LESS and MR BARBER. VERY POOR EXAMPLE of how to run a business. **************************THEY RIPPED ME OFF on a $2000.00 (TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR ) order. ************** ***DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ***( big black blotches, and foil gone, and falling off plastic bubbles ) , and BARBER ***REFUSES TO STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT**** . CROOKS ! PLEASE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH INSULATION4LESS. I"M GOING TO HAVE TO SUE TO GET ANY JUSTICE FROM THIS PLACE. If there is a problem, HE will block your email access to Him and refuse to answer phone , or return calls.

2 3 Reply
Customer Service

Nov 06, 2012

We have received over one-hundred and forty-five thousand (145,000) insulation purchases. Please put the few complaint posted on this website in the context of that amount of business.

3 1 Reply

Aug 03, 2013 Knoxville, Tennessee

Who cares about how many orders they have. Whats most important is how they handle the ones that don't go well., and it seems this business thinks it's ok to leave a few customers in the ditch after they take your money.

4 4 Reply
Buying insulation

Oct 07, 2013

If a company that many orders, then a company should stand behind the few times they fail. Not to stand behind your bad deals is the epic fail that has made me decide to go another route with my limited funds. :sigh

3 5 Reply
For customer service

Mar 19

Not responding to a customer request which I called to inquire about your product and all I got was go to the website. We don't do customer service which is how we keep cost down. One ignored customer is one too many and can spread like a disease. Good luck with your business..This is one more lost potential customer.

3 4 Reply
matt

Sep 07, 2012

i called with a few question about the "prodex" insulation and mr barber let me have it! told me to look on the web site and find it myself "what are you *** its all on there". he refused to help me. you would think someone selling a good product would love to talk about it/sell it.

Charlie

Aug 22, 2012

I can only image the conversation this customer has had with this Mr Barber dude. He is one of the rudest people I have every dealt with my issue could have been handled with just a simple return phone call. But NO. Mr Barber had to make me call and email him numerous times to get a response and then a very rude email to tell me I was not allowed to ever order from them again. Still haven't received the complete order after weeks of waiting. A place like this does not deserve your business.

3 2 Reply
T4R11

Dec 28, 2011

After reading the posts above I was a bit skeptical about ordering but I gave it a shot and ordered 3 rolls via Insulation4less.com web site. The transaction was smooth, I immediately got a receipt and a FedEx tracking number. I was able to track my shipment and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I insulated my garage door with Prodex and it is easy to work with. The lighting (reflection) has certainly improved and I am anxious to see the improvements in heating. Don't listen to the ramblings and bitter lady above. They are good to deal with. :)

2 1 Reply
Jeff

Sep 09, 2011

Sounds like to me you had more of a complaint with Fed Ex and you took it out on Insulation4less. Also, if you were expecting a delivery, hence a tracking code for delivery date and time, YOU should have been home to accept the delivery. Also, these are not heavy rolls so dumping them in front of your garage would bnot have benn a difficult task in moving them. If you were planning to put it up yourself, you surely are capable of moving a light weight bundle. Stop your whinning, you got the product for free.... imo

JW

Jun 20, 2011

5 stars hands down, I have used the Prodex and Prodex total and love it, Heating bills are lower and have given the extra to my neighbor for his garage and he loves it also.

John in Florida

Apr 03, 2011

Use of the product in my attic resulted in a 6 degree Fahrenheit temperature drop inside the house.
The use of the product along with fiberglass insulation resulted in a 16 temperature difference.
For my workshop I plan on wrapping fiberglass in foil. This combination looks the most promising.

PaulZ

Mar 15, 2011

I was seriously considering ordering prodex from Insulation4Less. I could not find out if the product (prodex) was worth the cost - or if it really worked as advertised. But after contacting Insulation4Less customer service about their product(s); I was "greeted" with a rude and annoying CS rep, who did not seem to want to be bothered (I think it was the guy that owns this business). Needless for him to say anything else to me. I don't know if Prodex is worth the money, but regardless, "Insulation4Less"
can shove their Prodex up their a$$!

1 1 Reply
Peter Cunningham

Mar 02, 2011

I ordered from Insulation4Less. Quick and easy online ordering and fast delivery. I purchased Prodex Total Insulation. Prodex was very easy to work with, it went up very fast and easy. I insulated the walls on our 30x40x14 pole barn. Hugh difference in temp!! 10-15 degrees F outside while 60 degrees F on the floor and almost 80 Degrees F at the ceiling. I installed it all by myself. I used some of the left over in my attic, I can tell the difference there as well. I liked ordering online at Insulation4Less. Great site for busy people. All the information I needed was available online. I got the product at a good price, I got it fast, and it worked well. Good deal all the way around!!!

;)

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 32 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.