Steer clear of Insulation4Less & Prodex

We ordered Prodex from Insulation4Less.It was delivered damaged and just dumped by Fed Ex in our driveway - so we didn't have the opportunity to inspect & then refuse the damaged rolls.

Called Jonathan Barber - the president and salesperson of Insulation4Less and he was a complete ***. Rude, condescending and a liar. Stated that our email invoice had tracking info or a "click here" to find out when it was going to be delivered - it did NOT. The email didn't even say it was Fed Ex who was the carrier.

The rolls were just dumped in our driveway - blocking access to our house and garage. Then Barber said that "they include extra in each roll to cover any damage in shipping." Total BS. We had to get our credit card issuer to do a chargeback and then fight through the Denver BBB to get that chargeback to stick. The product may be OK but the hassle of dealing with a company with ZERO customer service is not worth the hassle.

STEER CLEAR OF INSULATION4LESS![Less]

118d4376 review #220955
42 42 Helpful?
Had the same issue38 Comments37
Had an experience with Insulation4Less?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan

Mar 19 Castle Rock, Colorado

Happy customers typically don't come to websites called: "PissedConsumer.com." There are hundreds of blog sites, and with the exception of only two sites (appropriately named) our reviews are excellent. Even on this site there are more positive reviews than negative. With over 100,000 customers it's amazing we have so few negative comments. Fortunately for us the few negative comments represent less than 0.0001 of a percent of our sales. You'll find that any company with our number of transactions has some negative reviews. If you offer long life, happiness and sunshine to 100,000 people, they'll be some complaints. Show me a company with no negative reviews, and I'll show you a company with no sales.
A better review service is the BBB. A rating by the Better Business Bureau BBB factors in the number of customers. We maintain an A to A+ rating with the BBB - That's as high as it gets! You'll also find the reviews on our website (actual customers) to be more credible . This sites allow anonymous reviews by non-customers and competitors. It also doesn't allow a person to retract a comment. In addition if you look closely you'll find comments that make little sense such as - "We have been using this company for 3 years spending over 15k a year. The customer service is terrible! If i ran my business the way they do i would be out of business!" Really? Ask yourself, with all the insulation options available for a consumer, why would this (real person) continue to spend $15,000
... Show more

Davidd

Mar 17 Greer, South Carolina

Joe

Sep 22, 2014

Thank you for speaking up, I was just getting ready to place an order with them .

2 3 Reply

Sep 09, 2014

Customer service is terrible. They are the only game in town and they know it. We received shipments with missing rolls, damaged rolls at times and they could care less. What a joke!
Wish I could find another company to provide Prodex Insulation.

0 4 Reply
not a happy customer

Jan 19 South Lyon, Michigan

to say that their customer service is terrible is a big under statment Kathy Baber has been les than helpful in dealing with 3 damaged rolls of prodex insulation out of a 6000 sq ft order to compleate my ceiling i have emailed countless times sent phptos and cannot get anyone to call me back or answer their phones . kathy offered 50ft of insulation and some tape as a replacement. my runs are 60 ft so it would be useless. her last offer was 1 roll. i was really hoping for this to work out well because i still need to do my walls and have 3 friends looking to insulate there barns well it dosent look like they would even concider useing them with ther horrable customer service. to make things even worse they put this product on sale the same week i bought and wont give me the sale price witch was a $420.00 differance.

Jan 19 Castle Rock, Colorado

The below email string will demonstrate we offered this person exactly what he initially requested with the exception of granting him a sale pricing he didn't qualify for. As a result of not get a price reduction (he did not qualified for) he has elected to post this negative review. Please see the email string below and decide for yourself:
On 1/15/15, 1:20 PM, "Ben Zamborowski" wrote:
hello my order # is v27812 i have 1 damaged roll of insulation that needs your attention and also i see you now have this product on sale and i have over paid by around $400 i still have all 4 walls to
insulate…
Date: Friday, January 16, 2015 at 5:14 AM
customerservice@Insulation4Less.com> wrote: To get a sale price you must order during a sale period. We do not grant special deals to one person that is not extended to all - That would not be fair to all our customers.We are investigating the damaged roll with the shipper. We will contact you promptly upon their reply. On Jan 16, 2015, at 4:21 PM customerservice@Insulation4Less.com> wrote: … Although all claims to shipper will be declined because you signed that all products were delivered intact, we are going to send you a full 4 ft x 175 roll at our cost. Please email back and state you are satisfied with remedy, and we will execute the roll being sent.

Aug 26, 2014

It's impossible to avoid a few of these postings if you have a great deal of success. With over 100,000 of individual annual purchases in a year it's a wonder we have so few of these comments. Any prospect can email for the Prodex Warranty - one of the strongest in the industry, so we will not spend any further time dignifying these comments. Our "A+" BBB rating testifies to the quality of the insulation and service we provide. A Better Business Bureau report takes into account the number of customers you have in its rating. You can find real-time customer reviews (people that have actually purchased - people with names) at: http://www.insulation4less.com/ProductRating.aspx?ID=1&Ratenumber=5 Sites such as this allow anonymous competitors any non-customers to hide while posting negative comments.

2 0 Reply
not a happy customer

Jan 19 South Lyon, Michigan

if its only a few complaints it sure wouldnt be hard to deal with. and any one can buy a a+++ rateing with the bbb. and if you spent as much time with the few complaints as you did here defending your repution you would be doing yourself a huge favior. i know its hard to deal with people when there not happy but a phone call to deal with the issue always works better than a generic e-mail. I own a retail buiness and have to deal with a few unhappy customers a year and true you cant always make everyone happy but you still have to try.

PissedCustomer

Aug 13, 2014

STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS SCAMMER. Mr Barber and his company is the single worst experience I have ever had dealing with a company. I'm not even going to get into his horrible pricing schemes and advertising. All you need to do is call and talk to Mr Barber and he will easily prove what an *sshole he is on the phone.
He refuses to stand behind his product or take care of anything that goes wrong. I ordered over 15,000 sq/ft of Prodex insulation, and shortly after being installed, the foil and foam layers are separating which is causing the insulation to fall down. Absolutely garbage and Mr Barber refuses to offer any sort of help or assistance.

2 2 Reply
Engineer

Sep 03, 2013

I did a lot of research on the net: I am a retired electro-mechanical engineer. I know what I wanted to do, but did not know exactly how to achieve it; until I contacted Insulation4less. The sales person on the phone was really nice, and very knowledgeable about my re-roof project. I am not a roofer; this was a project with a few friends; and a weekend. The old, (I know before 1900) house's tin roofing was removed revealing open purlins. The "double bubble" (He actually purchased Prodex insulation was tacked loosely draped just prior to installing each sheet of new tin. It was inexpensive (per r-value), easy, and fast to install. It really smoothed out the old warped wood, giving it a very nice appearance. After being installed in August of 04, in east Ohio, I noticed an immediate drop of several degrees upstairs. This winter it is really warmer without the gas bill going up at all, compared to last year. The old attic already had about 19-12 inches of cellulose, which I had blown in about 1980, so I really had time to experience the difference between old and new. I really believe this product has paid for itself already....

6 1 Reply
Thomcraftsman

Aug 07, 2013 New York City, New York

Insulation4Less Excellent Company to work with - Prodex is a Super Product. Insulation4Less.com does a Great Job and Prodex is a Super Product! I enjoyed working with your company. You gave me excellent advice. I received my order fast. We're glad we went with Prodex - It works even better than I thought it would. I can really tell the difference. Plenty of my friends have also ordered from you. Thanks again.

4 0 Reply
Larry

Aug 07, 2013 Houston, Texas

I just purchased a 3500 square feet of Prodex Insulation from Insulation4Less. I ordered it for my attic and small barn to reduce the heat and add R-value. I have purchased from Insulation 4 Less many times. Everything is always great! My last purchase was for my basement. I have to say it worked way better than I expected so I thought I would try it elsewhere.

5 0 Reply
joesupset

Jul 30, 2013

STEER WAY CLEAR OF INSULATION4LESS and MR BARBER. VERY POOR EXAMPLE of how to run a business. **************************THEY RIPPED ME OFF on a $2000.00 (TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR ) order. ************** ***DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ***( big black blotches, and foil gone, and falling off plastic bubbles ) , and BARBER ***REFUSES TO STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT**** . CROOKS ! PLEASE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH INSULATION4LESS. I"M GOING TO HAVE TO SUE TO GET ANY JUSTICE FROM THIS PLACE. If there is a problem, HE will block your email access to Him and refuse to answer phone , or return calls.

2 3 Reply
Customer Service

Nov 06, 2012

We have received over one-hundred and forty-five thousand (145,000) insulation purchases. Please put the few complaint posted on this website in the context of that amount of business.

3 1 Reply

Aug 03, 2013 Knoxville, Tennessee

Who cares about how many orders they have. Whats most important is how they handle the ones that don't go well., and it seems this business thinks it's ok to leave a few customers in the ditch after they take your money.

5 4 Reply
Buying insulation

Oct 07, 2013

If a company that many orders, then a company should stand behind the few times they fail. Not to stand behind your bad deals is the epic fail that has made me decide to go another route with my limited funds. :sigh

4 5 Reply
For customer service

Mar 19, 2014

Not responding to a customer request which I called to inquire about your product and all I got was go to the website. We don't do customer service which is how we keep cost down. One ignored customer is one too many and can spread like a disease. Good luck with your business..This is one more lost potential customer.

3 4 Reply
matt

Sep 07, 2012

i called with a few question about the "prodex" insulation and mr barber let me have it! told me to look on the web site and find it myself "what are you *** its all on there". he refused to help me. you would think someone selling a good product would love to talk about it/sell it.

3 2 Reply
Charlie

Aug 22, 2012

I can only image the conversation this customer has had with this Mr Barber dude. He is one of the rudest people I have every dealt with my issue could have been handled with just a simple return phone call. But NO. Mr Barber had to make me call and email him numerous times to get a response and then a very rude email to tell me I was not allowed to ever order from them again. Still haven't received the complete order after weeks of waiting. A place like this does not deserve your business.

4 2 Reply
T4R11

Dec 28, 2011

After reading the posts above I was a bit skeptical about ordering but I gave it a shot and ordered 3 rolls via Insulation4less.com web site. The transaction was smooth, I immediately got a receipt and a FedEx tracking number. I was able to track my shipment and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I insulated my garage door with Prodex and it is easy to work with. The lighting (reflection) has certainly improved and I am anxious to see the improvements in heating. Don't listen to the ramblings and bitter lady above. They are good to deal with. :)

3 2 Reply

1-20 of 37 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.