Insulation4less - SCAM!! Double charged for Shipping and Delivery Charges. Company refuses to refund the difference!!
Here is the direct email correspondence with Kathy Blajerski-Barber:
Recently, I ordered a roll of 4x50 Prodex Insulation,order # V29431 and took advantage of your Buy One Get One free sale. Sadly, once again, I am enormously disappointed with your company and it's shady policies, but I am giving you the opportunity to make this right for your long time customer. I have been a customer of yours since 2008, and orders on your website show orders dating back to Aug 2009, when you re-built your site.
Let me get to the point: On the order #V29431, placed on 5/15/2015 and delivered via FedEx today on 5/19/2015. Not only did you charge me 2 shipping fees of $18.00 per roll (and delivered the rolls in one package) for a total of $36.00, you also charged me 2 residential delivery charges of $4.50 per roll, for a total of $9.00, when there is only 1 package delivered.
You also raised the price up from the last order I placed from $109.95 per roll (plus shipping and delivery fees) to $139.95 per roll in your Buy One Get One Free scam. Effectively, what I paid only 1 month ago for the same roll of insulation (a final total of $131.45, and those shipping rates were $17, not $18) has now become a total of $184.95 during your Buy One Get One Free Scam, effectively making this Buy One Get One Free special you are running, a Buy One Roll, Get Another Roll for 1/2 off.
And my last order, placed on 4/10/15, was lost in shipment, and almost 2 weeks later, your company FINALLY decided to ship me another roll, costing my customers time, and costing me money from new orders.
Before that, just 10 days prior, I ordered the same 4x50 roll, and guess what? Yes, my charges were again different. You charged me $99.95 per roll, and I could go on, and on, about how your price changes on the website every week, and your shipping charges are never the same either.
But you know what, I have kept my mouth shut, and purchased your products for the past 7 years, hoping that something would change, and that your shady policies would stop. Boy, I was wrong. It has only gotten worse.
With all of that being said, I expect a refund of the difference you charged me for the dual shipping fees, as well as the dual residential delivery fees, for a total of $22.50. I should also ask for a refund of the price increase you instituted just for this sale, but I'm going to be the nice guy here, and only ask for $22.50.
I expect a response to this email, and a refund of $22.50 immediately.
Thank you for your time!"
I received a response from Kathy indicating that I had accepted the terms of the sale, and no refund would be issued. When I responded indicating that the Terms and Conditions did not state that I would be charged for 2 delivery charges, and only have 1 package delivered, her response was the following:
"You agreed to the price. How we package is not of your concern. We will not address this issue again. We have removed you from our email list and wish you well."
Not only did Insulation4less.com refuse to make this right, and refund the dual shipping charges (which is all I was asking for), Kathy was extremely rude in her responses, and their company consistently fluctuates on prices, and runs unethical business practices, including raising the price on the product for a sale, and then lowering it back down after the sale, and shows no remorse or concern for their customer when issues arise, such as my last order that mysteriously got lost in shipment, and it took almost 2 weeks to receive a new roll of insulation, as well as refunding this small and insignificant amount of money for incorrect shipping charges, which should be done, not only because it is the right thing to do, but also because a company should want to keep a customer they have had for 7 years and not want to brush them off and be rude to their longtime customer.
I expect this company to resolve this dual shipping charge issue immediately.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer serivce
- Unethical advertising
- Shady business practices
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Prodex Insulation
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..."
- "Had these windows installed in 2008. Noticed a leak in the kitchen. After several calls and visits, I find out these windows are not installed properly, no J Channels, just..."
- "I spent $500 on a cocktail table for a room we barely use. 8 months later the vanier top is peeling off, this table is documented as rustic hickory. ..."
- "The Grove at Clarksville is the worst place we've rented from thus far. They don't care about the safety of their tenants. My 21 year old daughter was threatened with..."
- "They promised me if I took all.down, I would get my money back. As said before, they knew I had brain surgeries, and another 40 plus,..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."